Ice Cream Carton Redesign Leans On Icons
Steve's Ice Cream, a Dean Foods Company brand, in May released new, artist-designed packaging and seven new flavors in preparation for a full brand re-launch. Known for wildly unique flavor pairings, Steve’s enlisted the help of Seattle-based artist Drew Wicklund to help create a new visual identity for the full line of the Steve's family. The hand-drawn designs bring the flavor inspirations to life with detailed icons that represent the artfully crafted creations inside each pint.The new artwork employs a healthy dose of iconography to make messaging accessible even without having to carefully read for flavors.
"We createda singular identifying icon on each pint to illustrate the flavor and ingredients inside, which helps draw the consumer's eye as they scan the crowded shelves," a company spokesperson says. "Icons like a bourbon barrel that for our Small Batch Bourbon Vanilla or the bumble bee that creates the honey swirl in our Wildflower Honey Pistachio help capture the crafted personality of the brand."
A change with the new design, the carton itself is now made with paperboard caliper of 0.019 in to accommodate a new clip-on lid diameter of 3.3854 in. The carton is a 2-side PE coated board and has a barrier layer of 2-side PE extrusion.
Designs were printed in 6 colors with both matte varnish and glossy varnish, 30-up. The converter is Seda International Packaging Group.
Steve's Ice Cream flavors are available in a 16-oz (pint) size and retails for $4.99.
- December 19, 2019Cosmetic packaging design itself is a subject based on brand and culture, which requires designers not only to pursue the immediate benefits brought by creativity and fashion, but also to accurately g...view
- November 15, 2019Although the quality of the product itself matters most, we can't just ignore the importance of the product packaging. The packaging solution can also have a big impact on your brand. Whether it is po...view
- October 16, 20191. Repair the required flowers. Here is the red rose (for example, red dragonfly). Use a spiral method to make a round bouquet. The size can be controlled as needed.2. Start cutting the flower box wra...view
- December 19, 2019When we buy cosmetics, we first distinguish brands by cosmetic packaging, or learn knowledge of new products beginning with printed information on the packaging surface. Creative cosmetic packaging wi...view
- December 19, 2019Skincare products, as one of the favorite items for girls, need to be purchased constantly by girls. Many businesses aim at the market of skincare products, and make great efforts in the field of skin...view
- October 16, 2019The love of lipstick is not only because of the color, brand and popularity of the lipstick, but sometimes it is bought because of the cute cream or the characteristic packaging that has not been seen...view