Ice Cream Carton Redesign Leans On Icons
Steve's Ice Cream, a Dean Foods Company brand, in May released new, artist-designed packaging and seven new flavors in preparation for a full brand re-launch. Known for wildly unique flavor pairings, Steve’s enlisted the help of Seattle-based artist Drew Wicklund to help create a new visual identity for the full line of the Steve's family. The hand-drawn designs bring the flavor inspirations to life with detailed icons that represent the artfully crafted creations inside each pint.The new artwork employs a healthy dose of iconography to make messaging accessible even without having to carefully read for flavors.
"We createda singular identifying icon on each pint to illustrate the flavor and ingredients inside, which helps draw the consumer's eye as they scan the crowded shelves," a company spokesperson says. "Icons like a bourbon barrel that for our Small Batch Bourbon Vanilla or the bumble bee that creates the honey swirl in our Wildflower Honey Pistachio help capture the crafted personality of the brand."
A change with the new design, the carton itself is now made with paperboard caliper of 0.019 in to accommodate a new clip-on lid diameter of 3.3854 in. The carton is a 2-side PE coated board and has a barrier layer of 2-side PE extrusion.
Designs were printed in 6 colors with both matte varnish and glossy varnish, 30-up. The converter is Seda International Packaging Group.
Steve's Ice Cream flavors are available in a 16-oz (pint) size and retails for $4.99.
- May 30, 2019When upgrading its packaging for CA compliance, cannabis brand Garden Society finds tamper-evident stickers and child-resistant boxes and cartons that maintain the botanical aesthetic.view
- October 16, 2019In recent years, the flower box has quickly captured the market as a form of flower gift expression that has arisen in the future. Even it has now split the market with a long history of bouquets. The...view
- May 30, 2019Due to the closing of major paper mills, and the rising cost of materials to make pulp, the paper industry is experiencing across-the-board increases.view
- October 16, 2019Skincare products are the favorite thing for every woman who loves beauty. In the process of buying cosmetics as a female shopping group, besides looking after the quality and efficacy of all aspects ...view
- October 16, 2019Prior to the 1930s, the use of metal and wood materials in lipstick products was common. At that time, plastics were just emerging, mainly based on thermosetting resins and cellulose acetate. Thermopl...view
- November 15, 2019Although the quality of the product itself matters most, we can't just ignore the importance of the product packaging. The packaging solution can also have a big impact on your brand. Whether it is po...view