Ice Cream Carton Redesign Leans On Icons
Steve's Ice Cream, a Dean Foods Company brand, in May released new, artist-designed packaging and seven new flavors in preparation for a full brand re-launch. Known for wildly unique flavor pairings, Steve’s enlisted the help of Seattle-based artist Drew Wicklund to help create a new visual identity for the full line of the Steve's family. The hand-drawn designs bring the flavor inspirations to life with detailed icons that represent the artfully crafted creations inside each pint.The new artwork employs a healthy dose of iconography to make messaging accessible even without having to carefully read for flavors.
"We createda singular identifying icon on each pint to illustrate the flavor and ingredients inside, which helps draw the consumer's eye as they scan the crowded shelves," a company spokesperson says. "Icons like a bourbon barrel that for our Small Batch Bourbon Vanilla or the bumble bee that creates the honey swirl in our Wildflower Honey Pistachio help capture the crafted personality of the brand."
A change with the new design, the carton itself is now made with paperboard caliper of 0.019 in to accommodate a new clip-on lid diameter of 3.3854 in. The carton is a 2-side PE coated board and has a barrier layer of 2-side PE extrusion.
Designs were printed in 6 colors with both matte varnish and glossy varnish, 30-up. The converter is Seda International Packaging Group.
Steve's Ice Cream flavors are available in a 16-oz (pint) size and retails for $4.99.
- October 16, 20191. Repair the required flowers. Here is the red rose (for example, red dragonfly). Use a spiral method to make a round bouquet. The size can be controlled as needed.2. Start cutting the flower box wra...view
- January 23, 2021Recently, there are many kinds of red wine on the market, and most similar products have little difference in quality and price, especially like Lafite, the famous French red wine. In order to make th...view
- November 17, 2020Nowadays, paper packaging boxes in retail stores have gradually replaced plastic packaging boxes and become the new mainstream packaging. Recently, people have been excited about the use of paper pack...view
- November 17, 2020Anyone who has been involved in packaging design knows that the possibilities of color are limitless, and the role that color plays in our lives is essential. In addition to its aesthetics, color is a...view
- September 1, 2022In recent years, with the rapid development of the food packaging industry, there are various forms of food packaging on the market, but plastic packaging is the main one. With the introduction of env...view
- December 19, 2019There are many kinds of cosmetics, and consumers have more and more choices. As an enterprise, it is necessary to classify cosmetic packaging through the efficacy and composition of products so as to ...view